Alston Ridge Elementary School
Single Subject Acceleration: If you are interested in more information regarding SSA (the practice of assigning a student to a higher-grade level than is typical, given the student's age, for the purpose of providing access to appropriately challenging learning opportunities), please see the WCPSS AG site regarding SSA. At Alston Ridge, Our nomination window for ARES Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) is 5/5/2015-5/18/2015 and the nomination form is available at the website listed below. Testing will take place 5/27-6/2.
School Progress Reports: The NC Board of Education has released letter grades for the performance of all public schools in North Carolina. In order to help families and community members understand the data used to grade schools, Wake County Public Schools has developed school progress reports.
Through a nurturing culture of acceptance and excellence, Alston Ridge Elementary School will provide a relevant and rigorous education to inspire environmentally aware, well-rounded 21st Century learners.
Alston Ridge provides a respectful environment that empowers teachers' and students' passion for lifelong learning utilizing a variety of experiences such as teamwork, modeling, hands-on-learning, using technology, leadership and individual growth through differentiated instruction.
At Alston Ridge Elementary School we believe:
- diversity should be celebrated.
- staff development should be data-driven and targeted to achieving our school improvement goals.
- in working collaboratively.
- in teaching respect for the natural environment and conservation of resources.
- critical thinking is an essential skill for 21st century learners.
- character education is essential in building well-rounded students.