Alston Ridge Elementary School
Speak Up North Carolina! By participating in Speak Up 2014, you can share your ideas about education and technology as well as gather information from your students, teachers, school leaders and parents about other key educational topics, including 21st century skills and schools of the future. Schools and districts that participate in Speak Up also receive a free online report with all of their locally collected data and the national data findings to use for benchmark comparison. Individual participation and responses provided in the survey are confidential and completing the online survey takes only 20 minutes. To participate, please visit http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/NorthCarolina.html. The deadline to participate in the Speak up North Carolina! survey is Dec. 19.
Kindergarten Registration will take place on January 15th. Please see the following link for more information--Kindergarten Registration Flyer
Through a nurturing culture of acceptance and excellence, Alston Ridge Elementary School will provide a relevant and rigorous education to inspire environmentally aware, well-rounded 21st Century learners.
Alston Ridge provides a respectful environment that empowers teachers' and students' passion for lifelong learning utilizing a variety of experiences such as teamwork, modeling, hands-on-learning, using technology, leadership and individual growth through differentiated instruction.
At Alston Ridge Elementary School we believe:
- diversity should be celebrated.
- staff development should be data-driven and targeted to achieving our school improvement goals.
- in working collaboratively.
- in teaching respect for the natural environment and conservation of resources.
- critical thinking is an essential skill for 21st century learners.
- character education is essential in building well-rounded students.