Alston Ridge Elementary School
COMMUNITY INPUT SESSION ON 2015-2016 CAPACITY AT ARES
On Wednesday, 08/27 at 6:30 PM, representatives from the WCPSS Office of Student Assignment, and WCPSS Facilities and Construction Department will hold a forum to hear feedback from parents and community members regarding options to increase capacity at Alston Ridge ES. Options being considered include use of modular units to expand capacity, and a transition to a Multi-Track Year-Round calendar. All families are welcome to participate and share their input--we hope to see you there.
To use classrooms more efficiently, the Board of Education is considering changes at four elementary schools and one middle school for 2015-16 school year. Alston Ridge Elementary is part of this discussion and school board members would like your input. Please go to the following link to find out more--(link here)
Through a nurturing culture of acceptance and excellence, Alston Ridge Elementary School will provide a relevant and rigorous education to inspire environmentally aware, well-rounded 21st Century learners.
Alston Ridge provides a respectful environment that empowers teachers' and students' passion for lifelong learning utilizing a variety of experiences such as teamwork, modeling, hands-on-learning, using technology, leadership and individual growth through differentiated instruction.
At Alston Ridge Elementary School we believe:
- diversity should be celebrated.
- staff development should be data-driven and targeted to achieving our school improvement goals.
- in working collaboratively.
- in teaching respect for the natural environment and conservation of resources.
- critical thinking is an essential skill for 21st century learners.
- character education is essential in building well-rounded students.