Alston Ridge Elementary School
Welcome Ms. Caswell! The WCPSS Board of Education appointed Ms. Teresa Caswell as the new principal for Alston Ridge Elementary School. Ms. Caswell currently serves as an administrator at Lead Mine Elementary School in Wake County. We look forward to having her join the Alston Ridge school community on March 2nd! Ms. Freda Cole will continue to serve in the interim role until Ms. Caswell's arrival. As a retired principal in Wake County Schools, and former Alston Ridge administrator, Ms.Cole's support will be invaluable during this important transition.
School Progress Reports: The NC Board of Education has released letter grades for the performance of all public schools in North Carolina. In order to help families and community members understand the data used to grade schools, Wake County Public Schools has developed school progress reports.
Through a nurturing culture of acceptance and excellence, Alston Ridge Elementary School will provide a relevant and rigorous education to inspire environmentally aware, well-rounded 21st Century learners.
Alston Ridge provides a respectful environment that empowers teachers' and students' passion for lifelong learning utilizing a variety of experiences such as teamwork, modeling, hands-on-learning, using technology, leadership and individual growth through differentiated instruction.
At Alston Ridge Elementary School we believe:
- diversity should be celebrated.
- staff development should be data-driven and targeted to achieving our school improvement goals.
- in working collaboratively.
- in teaching respect for the natural environment and conservation of resources.
- critical thinking is an essential skill for 21st century learners.
- character education is essential in building well-rounded students.