Alston Ridge Elementary School
Kindergarten Registration will take place on January 15th. Please see the following link for more information--Kindergarten Registration Flyer
Open House Tours will take place Wednesday, February 4th at 10 AM and at 1:45 PM and will include a short information session about Alston Ridge Elementary School for prospective families.
A Warm Welcome to Interim Principal Ms. Freda Cole--Ms. Cole will join Alston Ridge on February 2nd to lead the school during the search process for a permanent principal. As a retired principal in Wake County Schools, and with a comprehensive knowledge of Alston Ridge Elementary and its students and staff, Ms.Cole will be ready to lead us during this important transition. Welcome Ms. Cole!
Through a nurturing culture of acceptance and excellence, Alston Ridge Elementary School will provide a relevant and rigorous education to inspire environmentally aware, well-rounded 21st Century learners.
Alston Ridge provides a respectful environment that empowers teachers' and students' passion for lifelong learning utilizing a variety of experiences such as teamwork, modeling, hands-on-learning, using technology, leadership and individual growth through differentiated instruction.
At Alston Ridge Elementary School we believe:
- diversity should be celebrated.
- staff development should be data-driven and targeted to achieving our school improvement goals.
- in working collaboratively.
- in teaching respect for the natural environment and conservation of resources.
- critical thinking is an essential skill for 21st century learners.
- character education is essential in building well-rounded students.